Texas DWI Defense Attorney
Carl David Ceder, The Defender, is an aggressive, experienced, and thorough Dallas DWI Defense attorney who will tirelessly fight to have your DWI reduced to a lesser charge, dismissed outright, or have you acquitted at a jury trial.
Serving all of Dallas and Surrounding Counties
If you have been arrested for DWI in the state of Texas you need the help of an experienced DWI Defense attorney. DWI laws in Texas are strict, as entities such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MAAD) exert an enormous amount of pressure on law enforcement to enforce harsh punishments. Before you make a decision that could affect your future and your life, call The Law Offices of Carl David Ceder, PLLC, immediately. Carl will tirelessly work to PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS.
Once arrested for DWI, the ramifications are potentially steep, including financial penalties that most people will find it hard to recover from. The DPS surcharge on a DWI conviction is a minimum of $1,000 per year for a three-year period, and you could face a surcharge of $2,000 per year if your BAC is tested at a level higher than .15.
Because Texas DWI laws can be so severe, it is always in your best interest to entrust your case with an attorney with the skill and knowledge to challenge the arrest. Carl is experienced in handling all types of DWI cases, and is able not only to understand and explain the facts of your arrest, but will also intelligently review and interpret the evidence the prosecutors will rely on at trial to convict. DWI is one of the only criminal offenses which solely rely on such subjective evidence for an arrest. The evidence against you is based primarily on the personal assessments and interpretations of your behavior by the arresting police officer.
Once arrested and charged, you will have only 15 days in which to request and Administrative License Revocation Hearing from Texas DPS to try and fight to keep your driver's license. Should you not meet this 15-day deadline, your driver’s license will be suspended on the 40th day following your DWI arrest. Many people believe it is just "easier" to plead guilty to their DWI charge and move on with their lives. However, every DWI case is worth fighting!
In addition to the high fees and surcharges you will pay if convicted of DWI, you will also will likely be required to take DWI and other driving classes, you will have to complete a certain amount of community service hours, and possible counseling classes as well. Many people are at risk of losing their job, and the arrest and a subsequent conviction may make it difficult to find another. People with professional licenses, such as CDL holders, risk the loss or suspension of their license. For all of these reasons, fighting your DWI is highly advisable. It is vitally important to have an advocate in your corner that will always work to protect your rights. The DWI charge you may be facing could potentially change the rest of your life.
- Field sobriety testing is strictly voluntary in Texas — don’t incriminate yourself with evidence you are not required to give.
- Blood and breath tests are also voluntary in Texas. The police must have a blood search warrant signed by a judge to obtain a blood specimen.
- The penalties for DWI in Texas are severe. No one wins a DWI case by pleading guilty. Therefore, don’t do it without first consulting a skilled DWI defense attorney!
Penalties for DWI:
- 1st offense: A first-offense conviction includes a fine not to exceed $2,000 with a range of punishment of 3 days to 180 days in jail, and a driver’s license suspension of 90 (if you submit to a chemical test) to 180 days.
- 2nd offense: A second conviction includes a fine not to exceed $4,000 with a range of punishment of 30 days to one year injail, and a possible driver’s license suspension ranging from 180 days to 2 years.
- 3rd offense: A third conviction includes not to exceed $10,000 with a range of punishment of 2 to 10 years of imprisonment, and suspension of your driver’s license ranging from 180 days up to 2 years.
- Intoxication Assault DWI: If convicted, a person may serve a minimum of 2 years up to a maximum of 10 years imprisonment. Additionally, a fine may be assessed not to exceed $10,000.
- Intoxication Manslaughter: If convicted, a person may serve a minimum of 2 years up to a maximum of 20 years. Additionally, a fine may be assessed not to exceed $10,000.
- DWI with Child Passenger: A person can be charged with a state jail felony if they are convicted of a DWI while there is another person in the vehicle who is under 15 years of age. Punishment for a non-enhanced state jail felony is by confinement in a state jail for a term of not more than 2 years or less than 180 days and a fine not to exceed $10,000.
FREE CONSULTATIONS — PAYMENT PLANS ACCEPTED
Carl David Ceder is an experienced Dallas DWI/DUI Defense Lawyer who practices all over the Dallas Metroplex, including all of Dallas, Tarrant County, Collin County, Denton County, Rockwall County, and all adjoining counties:
- Dallas County DWI/DUI Defense Lawyer - Dallas, University Park, University Park, Grapevine, Garland, DeSoto, Irving, Carrollton, Addison, Duncanville, Richardson, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Grand Prairie, Lancaster, Lewisville, Mesquite, Seagoville, Wilmer, Wylie
- Tarrant County DWI/DUI Defense Lawyer - Fort Worth, Southlake, Keller, Arlington, Bedford, Burleson, Colleyville, Crowley, Euless, Everman, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Grand Prairie, Hurst, Lakeside, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Westlake, Saginaw, River Oaks
- Rockwall County DWI/DUI Defense Lawyer - Dallas, Rockwall, Fate, Heath, Rowlett, Mobile City, McLendon-Chisolm, Royce City, Wylie, Munson, Blackland
- Collin County DWI/DUI Defense Lawyer - McKinney, Plano, Garland, Allen, Dallas, Carrollton, Richardson, Fairview, St. Paul, Weston, Lucas, Melissa, Nevada, Westminster, Frisco, Celina, Murphy, New Hope, Prosper, Wylie
- Denton County DWI/DUI Defense Lawyer - Dallas, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Southlake, Hebron, Argyle, Justin, Lake Dallas, Plano, Bartonville, Coppell, Northlake, Carollton, Corinth, Hebron, Highland Village, Justin, Lakewood Village, Lewisville, Northlake, Prosper, The Colony, Westlake